Thursday, September 07, 2006

Flor Morales’s 3 Things


It has been my privilege and pleasure to tutor MQ Flor Morales for the past few years. She is a great friend to me and has taught me far more than I could ever teach her. When I asked Flor what her 3 things would be, of course it was all about family. She just discovered that she is pregnant with her third child. Flor has had a little boy every seven years for the past 14-- so I'm crossing my fingers that she has the little girl she has longed for this time around.

Flor's 3 things before 40:
1. Have another another baby
2. Go to El Salvador to visit my mother, sister, and extended family
3. See my son Erick graduate from high school

Flor will read from her inspiring story Crossing the Border at Book Passage on September 14 at 7p.m. as part of a fundraiser for the Marin Literacy Program. For every copy of The May Queen sold during the event, Book Passage will contribute 20% of the cover price to Marin Literacy Program, an amount that is matched by a donation from Bank of Marin. I hope you will join us for this special evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?