Thursday, July 06, 2006

Days Here and There


In preparation for our trip to the continent on Sunday, I watched Four Weddings and A Funeral for the seventh time. On July 15, we'll attend the nuptials of my sweet friend from my working days in London, Janey Perris, to her knight in shining armor, Gavin Bell. They will be wed at the oldest church in England, All Hallows by the Tower, and the reception will be held at The Lansdowne Club. We're staying for four days prior to the wedding in the Highlands. I haven't been to the Isle of Skye since 1997, but once you've been you can never forget it. The memories of its etheral loveliness pervade my daydreams- especially the haunting fairy glen, a magical forest of hazel trees situated amidst strange and wondrous hills and valleys. I was warned not to remove anything from the enchanted spot and yet I was terribly tempted to collect a memento. I'm so looking forward to returning once again.

I was thrilled to find a charming B&B called Trafford Bank Guest House where we'll stay in Inverness. My Highlands packing list includes hiking boots, Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates, West with the Night by Beryl Markham, and Lonely Planet's Walking In Scotland, my prized wedding costume- a French Connection embroidered skirt, and a bottle of Reminiscence perfume I picked up in Aix en Provence.

Look for my interview with MQ contributor Jennifer Baumgardner on The Happy Booker next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?